When it comes to your information, RareBreedRetreats.com is committed to transparency and choice. This website has an SSL certificate. This Statement is designed to let you know what information we collect about you on the website (“Your Information”) and how we use that information in accordance with our business practices.
What this Statement covers
This Statement only applies to the personal information we collect through our website or email and does not apply to information collected by or in connection with your use of our services.
Information we collect
When you visit our website, we may collect or ask you to provide certain information in order to help us manage our relationship with you. This information may include:
- Contact details, such as name, mailing address, email address, skype username and phone number;
- Shipping and billing information, including credit card (highly encrypted) and payment information;
- Your transaction history;
- Information you provide to us to receive technical assistance or during customer service interactions;
- Information about other people that you may provide with any program or services including Refer-a-Friend;
- Information about your computer or device, including browser type and settings, IP address and traffic data relating to your Internet connection; these details is collecting Google Analytics.
How we use Your Information
We may use Your Information to:
- Verify your identity and entitlement to products or services, when you contact us or access our services;
- Provide commercial quotes for our products and services;
- Process your purchase transactions;
- Update you on the status of your orders;
- Allow you to register products or services you purchase;
- Manage your subscriptions;
- Provide you with technical and customer support;
- Subscribe you to a newsletter, send product updates or technical alerts;
- Communicate with you about and manage your participation in contests, offers or promotions;
- Solicit your opinion or feedback, provide opportunities for you to test software;
- Research and implement service improvements and service updates;
- Evaluate and improve the quality of our services and websites;
- Allow you to Refer-a-Friend who may be interested in our offerings, as permitted by law;
- Provide you with a customised experience when you visit our websites;
- Secure our systems and applications;
- Allow for the provisioning of services; and
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements.
In addition to the purposes described above, we may, in compliance with applicable consent requirements, use Your Information to provide you with advertisements, promotions and information about products and services tailored to you and your needs. This may include using demographic data or trend data provided by third parties (eg Google Analytics), where permitted. Contact details, including phone numbers and email addresses, may be used to contact you. If you do not want us to use Your Information in this way, you can simply choose not to give your permission on the webpages and/or forms with which we collect Your Information. You can also exercise this right at any time by unsubscribing from promotional emails.
Tracking technologies & do-not-track cookies
- Tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region;
- Collect statistics regarding your website usage;
- Provide us with business and marketing information; and
- In some cases, to enable a third party to deliver future advertising for our products and services to you when you visit certain websites owned by third parties.
We use different kinds of cookies:
Essential cookies are necessary to provide you with services and features available through our websites. Without these cookies, services you may need, such as shopping carts or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Analytics or customisation cookies collect information that is either used in aggregate form to help us understand how the website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise the website for you.
Advertising cookies and tracking scripts are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly delivered and, in some cases, featuring ads based on your interests.
If your website includes a cookie management tool, you will find a hover button at the bottom of your screen.
If you do not wish to receive cookies you may be able to refuse them by adjusting your browser settings to reject cookies. If you do so, we may be unable to offer you some of our functionalities, services or support. If you have previously visited our websites, you may also have to delete any existing cookies from your browser. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal.
Please note that our websites may not recognise or take action in response to DNT signals from Web browsers. At this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected. In the event a final standard is established, we will assess how to appropriately respond to these signals.
For more detailed information about cookies, Do-Not-Track and other tracking technologies, please visit allaboutcookies.org and allaboutdnt.com.
Third-party data collection
This may also include cookies placed by third parties, to deliver tailored information and content which may be of interest to you, such as promotions or offerings, when you visit third-party websites after you have left our websites. We do not permit these third parties to collect personal information about you (such as email address) on our site, nor do we disclose with them any personal information about you.
Social media features and widgets
How we disclose Your Information
We do not sell, lease, rent or give away Your Information. We only disclose Your Information as described below, within our group of brands, with our partners, with service providers that process information on our behalf and with law enforcement. Processing is only undertaken for the purposes described in this Statement. If we disclose Your Information, we require those we disclose it with to comply with adequate privacy and confidentiality requirements, and security standards.
We may provide Your Information to our partners for the sole purpose of allowing them to conduct RareBreedRetreats.com business. Our partners go through a certification process and only after that are they authorised to promote and sell our products and services. Our partners may use Your Information to communicate with you and others about RareBreedRetreats.com products or services. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from our partners, you can unsubscribe directly in the footer of the partner’s email to you.
Service providers processing data on our behalf
We may use contractors and service providers to process Your Information on our behalf for the purposes described in this Statement. We contractually require service providers to keep information secure and confidential and we do not allow our data processors to disclose your information to others without our authorisation, or to use it for their own purposes. However, if you have an independent relationship with these service providers their privacy statements will apply.
In certain instances, it may be necessary for RareBreedRetreats.com to disclose Your personal information to government officials or otherwise as required by applicable law. No personal information will be disclosed to any law enforcement agency or governmental agency except in response to:
- A subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- A legal process having the same consequence as a court-issued request for information, in that if RareBreedRetreats.com was to refuse to provide such information, it would be in breach of local law, and it or its officers, executives or employees would be subject to liability for failing to honor such legal process;
- Where such disclosure is necessary for RareBreedRetreats.com to enforce its legal rights pursuant to the laws of the jurisdiction from which such information was gathered;
- A request for information with the purpose of identifying and/or preventing credit card fraud; or
- Where such disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat of bodily harm to the data subject.
How we protect Your Information
This website has installed SSL. Connection between you and this website is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS). Credit card information is transmitted also using TLS encryption.
Storage of Your Information
The information we collect from you may be stored on servers in the Czech Republic or anywhere RareBreedRetreats.com operate. Locally stored data are protected with AES 256bit key encryption.